Jul 27, 2005
Holy Jamolee! I've been setting up imap-ssl on my new server and it's like trying to chop down the largest tree in the forest with a herring! I really gotta say that all the imap-ssl implementations really pretty much suck, though I've found one that I don't mind all that much. Unfortunately, it wasn't written with being used in mind and so I find myself trying to fix the problems. The problems, you say? qmail! Like it would be anything else, cmon now. I'm using an imap server called bincimap which seems pretty groovy, aside from the fact that it seems to be written to work with qmail, and as we all know, qmail doesn't work with anything. I've been chasing and chasing and debugging and testing and I finally got the SSL portion of all this setup. That's the hard part. And now that I've gotten to the easy part, it's not so easy. Hah! Joke's on me. It seems that the standard authenticator looks for a password in ~/Maildir/.password which I don't really much like. Unfortunately, I can't find a normal authenticator for debian, so I'm going to write my own. Wheee! Time to put on your C-hat, folks. I'll let you know when I finish it up. I'm on a good groove tonight, so I'm gonna see if I can code it up tonight and get it all working. Stay tuned.